Do you want to study abroad? Apply out an application for CBS PhD position at Copenhagen Business School in Denmark.
For the academic year 2022-2023, CBS is providing this position to international students.
This CBS position is available in CBS’ Department of International Economics, Government, and Business to students from any country other than China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. A stipend, travel expenses, and other associated charges will be provided to the selected candidates.
Copenhagen Business School CBS is a public university in Copenhagen that is ranked among the top 100 global MBA programmes in the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2021. Its mission is to be a global PRME leader by making responsible management an integral part of all education at CBS and part of the organisational identity required to understand the challenges businesses face in the global knowledge society.
Why pick Copenhagen Business School as a place to study?
Copenhagen Business School is the world’s largest education and research institution in the field of business administration and economics, including programmes in all of the traditional business economics and linguistic subjects relevant to the management and operation of public and private businesses. It is new to disseminating new knowledge and ideas by providing a platform for them to be committed with tomorrow’s business leaders and society in general.
About Copenhagen Business School
Copenhagen Business School, or CBS, is a public university in Copenhagen, Denmark, that is widely regarded as one of the most prominent business schools in Western Europe and the globe.
The Danish Society for the Advancement of Business Education and Research founded CBS in 1917, but it wasn’t until 1920 that accounting became a comprehensive academic programme at CBS. CBS now boasts some 20,000 students and 2,000 employees and provides a diverse range of undergraduate and graduate business programmes, many of which are interdisciplinary and international in nature. CBS is certified by EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System), AMBA (Association of MBAs), and AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), making it one of just a few schools in the world to possess the “triple crown,” and one of only two in Denmark, along with Aarhus BSS.
The CBS campus is in Frederiksberg, close to Copenhagen’s city centre, and revolves around the school’s main campus, Solbjerg Plads, which was finished in 2000. CBS has had an external majority board of directors since the Danish Universities Act of 2003. The President of CBS, Nikolaj Malchow-Mller, is appointed by the Board of Directors. CBS is an international academic environment because the majority of the programmes are taught in English and more than half of the faculty is recruited from overseas.
Sren Skou, CEO of A.P Moller-Maersk, Lise Kingo, executive director of the United Nations Global Compact, Fritz Henrik Schur Junior, Chairman of rsted are among the university’s alumni. David Heinemeier Hansson, the creator of Ruby on Rails, Kasper Rrsted, the CEO of Adidas, Hannibal Muammar Gaddafi, the son of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, Jacob Schram, the CEO of Norwegian Air, Lars Dalgaard, the founder of SuccessFactors, and a number of other entrepreneurs and politicians from Denmark were among those honoured.
Application Deadline: 1st September 2022
- University or Organization: Copenhagen Business School
- Department: Department of International Economics, Government and Business
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: DKK 33,293
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Denmark
- Eligible Countries: International applicants from all overseas countries except China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree programme in the area of Chinese State-led development of AI technologies is eligible to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have excellent grades from their university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to apply through the application portal of the university and complete the application process. To apply for the scholarship, applicants must fill the scholarship application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A project description
- Copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level.
- Brief curriculum vitae
- A list of papers and publications.
- One copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to have a relevant master’s degree or equivalent with at least 8.2 on the Danish grading scale or equivalent.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) – minimum 185
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) – minimum 185
- TOEFL IBT – 94
The applicants that will be selected to fill this position will receive tuition fees, office space, travel grants, and a salary ranging from DKK 27,568 to DKK 33, 293 along with a pension contribution of 17.1%.