NTUT Scholarships motivate students to work harder in pursuit of their goals. As a result, the International Graduate Student Scholarships in Taiwan are being offered by the National Taipei University of Technology. Let’s find out PhD Scholarships at NTUT in this post.
The primary purpose of this study programme is to assist high-achieving applicants who intend to enroll in master’s and doctoral programmes at NTUT. The scholarship is available for the academic year 2022-2023.
- Phd, Nayakama 90 Scholarships | International University of Japan (IUJ) | Japan | 2022-2023
- PhD International Scholarships in Optical Based Rheological Approaches | Swansea University | UK | 2022-2023
- Phd International Scholarships | ParisTech Bridge School | France | 2022-2023
The National Taipei University of Technology (commonly known as Taipei Tech) was founded in 1912 and is a public university with six colleges, two centers, and one office. Its extensive undergraduate and graduate programmes include degrees in STEM, design, architecture, management, humanities, and social sciences, among others
Why should you choose the National Taipei University of Technology as your university of choice? Students who attend NTUT become part of the country’s richest learning center and have the opportunity to receive a diversified and excellent education. For a growing number of international students, Taipei Tech provides a welcoming environment that stimulates cultural exchange.
About National Taipei University of Technology
The National Taipei University of Technology, also known as Taipei Tech, was founded in 1912 and is one of Taiwan’s numerous rapidly improving universities. More than ten percent of the founders, board directors, and CEOs of Taiwan’s publicly traded companies are Taipei Tech graduates who have excelled in a variety of professions.
During Taiwan’s 50 years as a Japanese colony, it was called as the School of Industrial Instruction, and its only departments were Woodwork, Metalwork, and Electrical Engineering. Taipei Tech began offering five-year associate degree programs in 1948, when it was renamed Provincial Taipei Institute of Technology, a name it kept for the next 50 years.
It was granted university status in 1997 and today offers more than 50 undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs, with a focus on technology, design, and management, while it also has a College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Tuition fees at Taipei Tech have traditionally been low, as they have been at many other Taiwanese universities, many of which are also located in Taipei. Taipei, a world-famous technology city with a rich history, offers good value eateries, dependable public transportation, and plenty of parks and riverside walkways.
Taipei Tech is near a metro station, the city center, and tourist attractions like the Palace Museum and the Taipei 101 skyscraper. It is connected to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport by buses and high-speed trains.
Creating and sustaining strong ties with businesses and industries is one of the university’s top focuses. It was also praised for its environmental merits. Its award-winning Green Gate, a prominent main entry that mixes trees and public art, debuted in 2010.
Every year, Taipei Tech throws a campus-wide celebration for international and local students to mingle.
Application Deadline: Every January
- University: National Taipei University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters and PhD degree
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Masters and PhD degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Students must have an undergraduate degree for a master’s degree and they must hold a master’s degree for PhD degree program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this award, candidates must take admission in the first year of master’s & doctoral study at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the documents required to complete an application for admission, including the application forms, official transcripts of the highest university degree attained, letters of recommendation, and an official language proficiency test score (TOEFL or its equivalent).
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a previous degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet one of the following English proficiency test criteria to pass the minimum English
- Proficiency requirements for graduation:
- TOEIC score of 550 or higher.
- GEPT advanced level passing score of the first stage.
- BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) standard/computer-based test score of 40-59.
- Cambridge Main Suite Preliminary English Test PET score of 153-159 (Pass with Merit).
- TOEFL score of 487 or higher in PBT test or 53 or higher in iBT test.
- IELTS score of 4.5 or higher.
- Other English language tests provided by reputable international or local institutions. Provide the complete research report certified by a language test expert with reference to the CEFR level.
- The test score shall be compared to CEFR level B1 and approved by the Department of English.
- NTUT English Proficiency Test for Minimum Graduation Requirement Level A or Level B
The National Taipei University of Technology will provide all the following:
For Master degree:
- Full Tuition Fee Subsidy (two years max.)
- Monthly Stipend NT 6,000 (first year only)
For PhD degree:
- Full Tuition Fee Subsidy (four years max.)
- Monthly Stipend NT 12,000 (four years max.)