The International PhD Position in Macrophages is being offered jointly by Heidelberg University and the University Hospital Mannheim. For the academic year 2022-2023, the position is open.
This PhD in Macrophages educational prize is intended for talented and motivated students interested in pursuing a PhD degree at a German university.
The Heidelberg Institution is a public research institution PhD in Macrophages with the mission of generating and harnessing knowledge and skills for the benefit of current and future generations while keeping an open mind and tolerance for people and ideas. In Heidelberg, Germany, it is one of the best public universities.
Why should you study Heidelberg University as a place to further your education? Starting at the bachelor’s level, Heidelberg University considers the training of its students and young researchers to be just as vital as its academic and social obligations. By adopting creative techniques for research-based teaching, it allows for early integration into research subjects and procedures.
About Heidelberg University And The University Hospital Mannheim
The University Hospital Mannheim, is a full-service hospital with a wide range of specialties. It now has 21 specialised clinics on a historic campus in Mannheim’s city centre, all of which focus on multidisciplinary and interprofessional collaboration among its physicians in the treatment of their patients.
Unlike most German university hospitals, the University Hospital Mannheim is owned by the city of Mannheim rather than the federal government. The prestigious Heidelberg University includes the medical faculty of Mannheim.
Heidelberg University, is a public research university in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, officially known as the Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg. Heidelberg is Germany’s oldest university and one of the world’s oldest surviving universities, having been founded in 1386 on the orders of Pope Urban VI. It was the Holy Roman Empire’s third university to be founded.
Since 1899, Heidelberg has been a coeducational institution. The university has twelve faculties and provides degree programmes in over 100 subjects at the undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral levels. Heidelberg has three major campuses: the humanities are concentrated in Heidelberg’s Old Town, natural sciences and medicine are concentrated in the Neuenheimer Feld neighbourhood, and social sciences are concentrated in the inner-city suburb Bergheim. The language of instruction is usually German, but a large number of graduate degrees are also available in English and French.
As of 2021, 57 Nobel Laureates were associated with the city of Heidelberg, and 33 with Heidelberg University. Heidelberg faculty introduced contemporary scientific psychiatry, psychopharmacology, psychiatric genetics, environmental physics, and modern sociology as scientific subjects. Every year, about 1,000 doctorates are awarded, with more than a third of PhD students from from outside the country. More than 20% of the student body is made up of international students from 130 different countries.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2022
- University or Organization: Heidelberg University & University Hospital Mannheim
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD project “Ensemble analysis of mRNA editing, modification, and processing in macrophages
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have MSc in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or related subject; dedicated interest in RNA biology; strong background in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics or immunology; high motivation.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to complete the online application for enrol in PhD degree at the university.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents at the time of application:
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate
- Recommendation letter from a university instructor in the specific field
- Proof of citizenship
- Self-disclosure of revenue and expenditure (part of the application form)
- Evidence confirming the financial situation (payslip of the parents, own wage slips etc.)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a masters degree from a recognized university
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to submit scores of the following English language proficiency:
Heidelberg University will provide a good salary package to the high achieving candidates for PhD study