Do you want to learn how to operate in a molecular lab and obtain technical skills At Newcastle University? Then this is the chance for you! At Newcastle University IAFRI PhD Studentship has been established in the UK for the academic year 2022-2023.
This PhD scholarship is open to students from all around the world, including those from the United Kingdom and the European Union. IAFRI – Fera Science Ltd and Newcastle University jointly sponsor the PhD scholarship, which provides selected individuals with a full home tuition cost and a stipend of £15,609.
Newcastle University is a public research university in the United Kingdom that aspires to be a people-focused university that harnesses academic excellence, innovation, and creativity to benefit individuals, organisations, and society as a whole. It is currently ranked 152nd in the QS World Ranking published in 2020.
Why should you choose Newcastle University as your university of choice?
Newcastle University is entirely dedicated to the advancement of education, learning, and research for the benefit of the public, with the goal of building on this core purpose and providing new knowledge and creative solutions that have a positive impact. Newcastle’s ultimate purpose is to encourage the growth of its employees and students so that they can achieve their full potential.
Newcastle University, based in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East England, is a public research university in the United Kingdom. It has campuses in Singapore and Malaysia, as well as in the United States. The university is a red brick university and a member of the Russell Group, a group of research-intensive universities in the United Kingdom.
The School of Medicine and Surgery (later the College of Medicine) and the College of Physical Science (after called Armstrong College) were formed in 1834 and 1871, respectively, and are the foundations of the university. These two colleges eventually merged to form the federal University of Durham’s larger component, with the Durham Colleges comprising the other. In 1937, the colleges of Newcastle combined to establish King’s College. King’s College was renamed the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1963 by an Act of Parliament.
The faculty of humanities and social sciences, the faculty of medical sciences, and the faculty of science, agriculture, and engineering are the three faculties that make up the university. Around 175 full-time undergraduate degree programmes in a variety of subject areas, including arts, sciences, engineering, and medicine, as well as approximately 340 postgraduate teaching and research programmes in a variety of disciplines, are available at the university. The institution’s annual income for 2021 was £523.6 million, with £99.6 million coming from research grants and contracts and £518.9 million spent. Newcastle University currently boasts one of the UK’s most extensive EU research portfolios.
Application Deadline: Applications for this PhD Scholarship are closing on 28th February 2022.
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,609
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: All domestic, international, and EU national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD study programme in Genomic tools to enable epidemiological monitoring of eukaryotic pests can be undertaken at NCL.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an interest in plant health, epidemiology, and genomics.
- The applicants must have experience with molecular lab work, bioinformatics, high-performance computing, and/or epidemiological modeling.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to complete the general admission application through the university portal. To apply for the studentship:
- Insert the programme code 8020Fin the programme of study section
- Select ‘PhD Biology (full time) – Biological Sciences’as the programme of study
- Insert the studentship code IAFR2207 in the studentship/partnership reference field
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Transcript of your degree studies
- Certificates to confirm your degree or highest qualification
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Admission Requirements: The applicants musthave or are expecting to attain at least an upper second class honors degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject and with experience in/an aspiration to work in or alongside industry.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT/ITP is also accepted.
The applicants selected by NCL will be provided 100% of Home tuition fees and annual living expenses of £15,609 for up to 3 years.